Configuring Credit Card Surcharges
This is the moment that you've been waiting for, finally an integrated system that will allow you to control surcharges by payment type, together with flexible options for where to record the surcharges revenues, and even allocation of payment to account (by card type).
- Log into Wise-Pay
- Click Configure
- Click Merchant
- Click Edit
- Click Card Details / Surcharges Tab
This table (of payment card types) is loaded from your provider, so if your provider (ie. stripe) offers Visa and Mastercard, this is all that you will see in the list.
- Click on 'Card Details / Surcharge Tab'
- Click to accept payment for each card type that you want to activate through Wise-Pay
- Click Accept Payment checkbox, if you want to enable payment type
- (Optional) Nominate your surcharge to be charged as a percentage of the whole transaction amount, as issued to the client on your invoice
- Required when surcharge set: Set the Revenue account for the surcharge revenues to be posted into
- Required when surcharge set: Set the Surcharge Tax Code which will be applied to the transaction. This is the tax rate that would be applied to 'service' charges. Generally these are charged when services are taxable.
- Override Payment Account: Set this account if you would like Wise-Pay to allocate the payment to a separate clearing account. This is recommended to allow you to settle the bulk payments into the clearing account.
- Click Save
Note: Wise-Pay has been built to handle transactions for major payment providers (Visa, Mastercard, American Express), please test any other providers using a sandbox account to ensure payment flow is successful to your merchant account.