How do I get there?
To configure Automatic payments, click Configure from the top menu and select Automatic Payments.
What do I do?
Configure Automatic Payment Settings
Click the event you wish to enable notifications for, then select who should receive notifications for the event - Merchant Admins and/or Payers.
- Click Configure, select Automatic Payments
- Click Edit Auto-payment Setting, check the 'Is Enabled' checkbox
- Enter a whole number a Payment Processing Delay (In Hours)
Note: We delay an automatic payment for being processed straight away in case you have made a mistake and need to make amendments.
- Enter a whole number at Maximum Retries for a payment
Note: This is the number of tries we will attempt to process the card before we stop trying. If it is a hard failure: stolen credit card, invalid card or expired card etc we will not try to process the payment again
- Select the checkbox to enable scheduling of past due payments
Note: This is useful if an invoice is for example: due first of the month is sent on the 2nd or 3rd - the payment will be scheduled for the next available payment run (ie. after 3 pm the following day)
- Enter the Maximum Days Past Due
(Allows Wise-Pay to schedule a payment that is past its due date)
- Select Draft Invoice Approval
(This ensures that an invoice is in the correct status to take payments)
- Enable finalised partially paid invoices
(This allows invoices that have been adjusted, to only process the outstanding amount, not the original amount)
- Add Billing Terms and save
Configure Billing Terms
- Enter the Billing Term Name
- Enter the description of the Billing Term (Optional)
- Select the relevant ConnectWise Manage or Datto Autotask PSA Billing Term
- Select Scheduled at Processing Method - real-time payments will be processed at the time the invoice is synced
- Select the scheduling mode
Number of Days After Invoice Date > Scheduling Period (In Days) (eg. Schedule for payment after 14 days of the invoice
Day of the Month (eg. 1st of the month)
- Tick accept for bank/credit card payment and save