There are two types of access options for payers who need to make payments to you. By default, Wise-Pay can accept payments for your invoices without the need to add any payers to your Merchant Account. Payer accounts are only required if you or your payer wishes to save payment methods, pay by bank debit, schedule a payment, pay by automatic payments (i.e. direct debit), or to allow payers to access the advanced features of Wise-Pay.
- Guest Payer (Un-Authenticated user)
With direct access through to our payment flow, a payer account is not required to simply make a payment from one of the payment following services:
- ConnectWise Sell Order Porter (where no recurring payment type is selected on the quote)
- Xero Payment Services (Pay Now button)
- ConnectWise Portal Access (Pay Now button)
- ConnectWise Invoice Templates (Pay Now button)
- *NEW* ConnectWise Customer Portal (Pay Now button)
- Registered Wise-Pay Payer (Authenticated user)
Added through your Wise-Pay portal, a payer account provides your customers with the ability to:
- Save credit card & bank accounts
- Make payments using a saved card
- Add / change payment methods
- View past payments
- Schedule future dated payments
- Download Invoices (pdf)
- Setup automatic payments
Read more about Wise-Pay for Payers here.
A Wise-Pay payer account is linked by their email address. A Wise-Pay payer can be invited to multiple Wise-Pay accounts (organisations), simplifying the access if the payee has multiple companies that use Wise-Pay.
If you need to save payment information, or where a recurring schedule of payments need to be established, each payer will need to be setup for access to the Wise-Pay portal.
In order to facilitate the exchange of payment information from the ConnectWise Customer Portal, Wise-Pay is configured as a proxy, using the Authorize.Net framework to pass through the payment information to Wise-Pay, so that payment information can then be validated against balances outstanding in your Accounting System.
Wise-Pay will always resolve the payment amount from your accounting system - regardless of the payment amount showing in ConnectWise.
Before you add any Payers to Wise-Pay, you should first send an email or phone call, advising you are partnering with Wise-Pay and Payrix for payment processing and that they should expect an email, inviting them to become a Payer.