As a Wise-Pay merchant, you can integrate your Wise-Pay account with the ConnectWise portal to be able to take payments via Wise-Pay virtual terminal. Once this integration is complete, you can directly take pre-payments via Wise-Pay Virtual Terminal using the payer's credit card information. The payments will be validated against the balances in your accounting system. For more information on virtual terminal, see How to Use Virtual Terminal to Make Payments.
Wise-Pay will always resolve the payment from your accounting system irrespective of the amount appearing in the linked ConnectWise account. This method is ideal for taking instant payments such as advance service charges for a technical appointment, even when the invoice has not been generated.
This integration is a two-step process:
- Generate proxy connection details from Wise-Pay interface
- Configure ConnectWise Manage with proxy details
Here's how to do it:
- Navigate to Configure > Merchants and click Edit Merchant
- Click the Proxy tab to generate proxy information.
- Select ConnectWise Manage (Authorize.Net) from the Proxy Type drop-down.
- Click Generate
- Click Display to view the record in the Payment Proxy Details popup. The following fields are displayed:
Transaction Key This key used to link the payment to your account. Test URL The URL that ConnectWise Manage will use to submit test transactions when the Live mode has been disabled. Live URL The URL that ConnectWise Manage will use to submit live transactions when the Live mode is enabled. Recurring Test URL The URL that ConnectWise Manage will use to submit recurring payment information when the Live mode has been disabled. Recurring Live URL The URL that ConnectWise Manage will use to submit recurring payment information when the Live mode is enabled.
- Login to ConnectWise Manage as administrator.
- Navigate to Settings > Setup Tables and find the Portal Configuration table.
- Click Default and click the Invoices tab to edit the payment processor settings.
- In the Payment Processing section, select Yes under Allow invoice payments?.
- Select Authorize.Net from the Payment Processor drop-down.
- Copy the information generated in Wise-Pay to ConnectWise Sell:
Transaction Key into API login and Transaction Key fields
Live URL into URL. Add a front slash (/ ) after the URL. This is required for the connection to work.
- Click Test Transaction to test the integration. No test transaction is required. ConnectWise will test the connection and respond with status.
- Click Save