You are able to take a prepayment in lieu of an invoice where additional work was done that requires upfront payment.
Here's how to do it:
- In your Wise-Pay Portal, select Pay Now > Prepayment from the toolbar.
- On the Actions Tab next to the invoice, choose the Pay Invoice action.
- In the Payer Details widget, select the Payer Name from the drop down.
If the payer does not yet have a Wise-Pay payer account, you are able to click +Add Payer to add them as a payer. Refer to the steps in the section below: Adding a new Payer.
You can also update a Payer's details if required. Simply click on the Edit the button next to the Payer's name.
- If you selected an existing Payer in the above step, in the Payment Details widget, select their saved payment method to use for payment.
If there is no saved payment method, you are able to click +Add and enter a new credit card and/or bank account.
You can choose whether or not to save the new credit card to their payer record by checking 'Save credit card for future payments'. If this checkbox is not checked, the credit card will not be saved and only used as a one-time payment method.
You can also update a saved payment method if required. Simply click on the Edit button next to the saved payment method.
Note: When entering a new bank account, it is required to be saved to their payer record.
Note: When saving a new payment method, you will also be required to accept some Terms.
- Validate the amount to be paid in the Review Payment widget.
If required, you are able to lower the amount to pay by clicking 'Edit'. This will form a part-payment.
- If a credit card surcharge is applicable, you have the option to remove the surcharge by clicking the 'x' icon.
You must then accept the Surcharge Override Terms.
- If the payer does not wish to pay the invoice in real-time, you are able to set a date in the future for the funds to be deducted by clicking Schedule and selecting the payment date.
- Once everything is confirmed, click Pay Now.
- Accept the Terms and Conditions on behalf of your customer.
- Finally, click the Submit Payment button.
- Once the payment has been processed, a link to the invoice and surcharge invoice will be emailed to your customer.
When an invoice is scheduled for payment, the invoice will be displayed in the Scheduled Payments widget in Wise-Pay. It will remain in the Outstanding Payments widget, with a calendar icon being displayed, until the invoice is fully paid and the amount is settled. When you hover over the calendar icon, the scheduled payment information will be displayed.
Note: If you pay a partial amount, the Total Outstanding field reflects the outstanding amount after the partial payment has settled.
Adding a new Payer
- You can add a new Payer during the payment process.
- Click + Add Payer in the Payer Details widget. Enter their email address and click Verify Email. Wise-Pay will then validate if the payer already has a payer record with your company.
- Enter the payer's details in each field and click Save.
- Add a payment method in the Payment Details widget.
You can choose to save the payment method for the Payer so they can select it for payment of future invoices by clicking the Save card for future payments checkbox. If the payer doesn't wish to save their payment method, simply uncheck the box.