For customers that do not use ConnectWise or Datto Autotask for Invoice creation, we have an Accounting Package only version of Wise-Pay. This version pulls the Invoices from either Xero or Quickbooks Online (QBO) into Wise-Pay to facilite payment.
If creating invoices with Xero Branding Themes or QBO Billing Terms, you are able to set those payments up as Automatic Payments in Wise-Pay.
Refer to this KB article on how to configure your Merchant Settings for Wise-Pay.
Then ensure the below Wise-Pay Standalone settings are configured for your merchant account.
In Configure > Merchants:
- Set 'Invoice Source' to 'Accounting Platform'
- Set 'ConnectWise User' to 'Wise-Pay Only User'
If you wish to process Automatic Payments from Wise-Pay, you first need to set up Branding Themes / Billing Terms inside of Xero / QBO:
- Refer to the Xero article on how to set up Branding Themes in Xero.
- On the Invoice, select the relevant Branding Theme.
- Refer to the Quickbooks Online article on how to set up Billing Terms in QBO.
- When an invoice is created, QuickBooks applies the default payment term. However, if the customer in the invoice has a payment term set for them, QuickBooks will use that instead.
Refer to our Setup Billing Terms article.
- When an invoice is synced from your Accounting Package to Wise-Pay, if the invoice contains a Branding Theme/Billing Term from Xero/QBO that matches to one configured for Automatic Payments in Wise-Pay, then that invoice will automatically be queued for processing.
- If the Automatic Payment invoice needs to be queued earlier than the scheduled job, click ‘Actions > Queue’ for the relevant invoice
- When a change is made to the invoice in Xero/QBO, the invoice will be updated in Wise-Pay the same way they are now
- Updates to invoices in the accounting package result in scheduled payments being cancelled then rescheduled for the updated amount (depending on the payment status and Merchant config settings)
- if an invoice fails to match a Wise-Pay payer, it won’t be queued for automatic payment. Once the payer is set up, you can manually queue the payment.
Not yet implemented:
- Any changes to the billing term on an invoice in the Acct Package won’t yet be preserved through Wise-Pay:
Queued automatic payment invoice → billing term removed/updated to a non-auto pay term
the payment won’t yet be removed from automatic payments widget
Queued automatic payment invoice → billing term updated to a different auto pay term
the billing term for that invoice won’t yet be updated
Outstanding invoice with no automatic payment billing term → billing term added to an automatic payment term
The invoice won’t yet be queued for automatic payment processing