Applies to: ConnectWise Manage, Datto Autotask PSA, Xero
When an invoice is processed that is greater than the revised invoice amount resulting to Unapplied Payments on your Wise-Pay account, Xero allows you to tag this payment as Overpayment and allocate to future invoices of the same client.
Scenario: Invoice was initially synced to Xero with the amount of $606.98 and was debited on the client's account. Then, invoice was revised and re-synced with a lower amount of $463.98.
Here's how to do it:
- Edit the invoice in Xero and change the amount to $606.98
- From the Unprocessed Payment in Wise-Pay, click on Re-try so that it applies the payment to the invoice based on the correct amount that was debited
- Take a screenshot of the payment and 'Remove and Redo' the payment from the invoice in Xero
- Edit the invoice back to the $463.98 amount, and Save
- Apply the full payment to the invoice $606.98 with the same information as per Step 3
- A screen will appear to create an Overpayment
- Enter the details for the overpayment (Invoice Number in Description) and click OK. An overpayment is then created
- The overpayment and invoice payment will then clear through the Wise-Pay clearing account